Miracle of The Breath and Body
Listen to the audio here
Yesterdays interview with Gregory Kramer was about bringing mindfulness into communication and relationships. Today there is an exercise in deep listening which puts this theory into practice. Try it for yourself and see if it is helpful.
DEEP LISTENING EXERCISE
Take 10 minutes today to practice this deep listening exercise:
- Find a time that will be uninterrupted and a person you’d like to practice with
- Decide who will talk and who will listen
- Set the time for 5 minutes
- Let the first speaker talk uninterrupted – you can reflect on anything that is on your mind or choose a question to contemplate ie. what matters most to you?
- The listener should resist the urge to interrupt
- When 5 minutes is complete set the time for 3 minutes and the listener recounts what they have heard (do not analyse simply share what was heard)
- At the end of the 3 minutes the listener asks: is there anything I missed? Whereby the speaker can clarify what was missed
- Practice using the guidelines from yesterday: Pause, Open, Relax, Trust Emergence
- For the final 1 minute the speaker shares what it was like to be listened to in this way.
Try this practice with a friend or family member and share what you noticed on the FB group. How was this different to the way you listen normally?
Congratulations on reaching the end of week three of the course.
stay on track
Mark off your daily meditation here