If you’ve registered for Mindful in May, but haven’t created a fundraising team you can do it retrospectively by following these steps:
- Visit this page on our partner fundraising platform mycause
- If you’ve never done Mindful in May before you’ll need to register a new account (if you’ve done Mindful in May before you will have an account with mycause and you simply need to login – just click “forgot password” to get a new password for your account)
- Choose fundraise as a “team”
- Then choose “create a team”
- Then you can share the url of your fundraising page with friends and family who can directly donate to your page by clicking “donate now”
- If someone wants to donate AND join the actual online Mindful in May program they will need to register through www.mindfulinmay.org first.
Your account details:
First Name: [accessally_user_firstname]
Last Name: [accessally_user_lastname]
Use the suggested email copy below and tell your friends friends about your fundraising efforts.
Dear [insert name],
I have recently signed up to participate in Mindful in May (mindfulinmay.org) the world's largest global online mindfulness fundraising initiative.
Mindful in May is like a fun run for the mind and so I am committing to meditate for ten minutes each day this May to help raise money for clean water in developing countries. As part of this, I would love your support to raise money for those in need of clean safe drinking water.
You can sponsor me here [insert your fundraising page]. Every $50 dollars I raise brings clean water to one person for life!
So far Mindful in May has raised over $600,000 for charity:water and given 12,000 people access to clean water. You can see the projects they have supported here [https://my.charitywater.org/mindful-in-may-4/projects]. I am sure you will agree that there is still so much that needs to be done to help those less fortunate which is why I am fundraising this year.
Thanks for your support - I am striving for a clear mind for myself and clean water for others.