THE BRAIN-GUT CONNECTION: LATEST RESEARCH ON THE MICROBIOME
In this video you’ll learn:
- What is the gut microbiome?
- What is the relationship between stress and our microbiome?
- How does the gut microbiome effect our mood?
- How can we measure chronic stress?
- What is the role of microbiome gene testing – is it helpful?
Prof Zoltán Sarnyai is a medically-trained PhD neuroscientist with an active research program in the neurobiological mechanisms of stress and psychiatric disorders, including drug addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Zoltán’s particular focus is on determining how environment shapes the brain through hormones, immune and metabolic factors during the course of the development of brain disorders. Zoltán also has a strong interest in the emerging field of nutritional psychiatry and has a number of research projects on dietary factors and mental health.