THE COMPASSIONATE BRAIN
In this video you’ll learn:
- What is compassion and why is it important?
- What is the difference between compassion and empathy?
- The effects of compassion on our bodies
- How can compassion help us manage and take wise action in relation to our emotions (anger, fear, jealousy, envy, anxiety).
- Specific exercises to help you be more compassionate
- Latest scientific research supporting the benefits of compassion
Dr. Paul Gilbert is professor at the University of Derby, and is the author of The Compassionate Mind, Mindful Compassion and many other books. He created Compassion-Focused Therapy a therapy that focuses on changing not only on what a person thinks, but how they think.