DAY 10: Dr Elise Bialylew interviews Jeremy Hunter
LISTEN TO INTERVIEW AUDIO ONLY BELOW
In this video you’ll learn:
- How mindfulness can support leadership and be used in the workplace
- How mindfulness can support better decision making
- How mindfulness can help us be more conscious of our eating habits and support greater physical wellbeing
[accessally_has_any_tag tag_id='645' comment='MLP 2020']
Mind Life Project Bonus Content:
Trudy Goodman Kornfield, Ph.D., is a vipassana teacher and psychotherapist. She teaches at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. In 1995 she co-founded, and continues to serve as Guiding Teacher for, the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy, the first centre in the world dedicated to integrating these two disciplines.
A MINDFUL WORK PRACTICE
‘Everybody agrees that no one pursuit can be successfully followed by a man who is preoccupied with many things … since the mind, when distracted, takes in nothing very deeply.’ ~ Seneca
Today, experiment with this simple way to stay focused, manage the overwhelm and move from multi-tasking to mono-tasking in order to maximise your efficiency.
Choose one task that you will focus on during the set time period.
- Get a plain piece of paper and pen and have them by your computer or workspace.
- Set a timer for thirty minutes.
- Set an intention to stay focused for your set period of time.
- When you notice yourself getting distracted or feel an urge to move to another task (such as checking your email), simply note down the task or distraction on the paper and bring your attention back to the task you intend to focus on. At the end of the thirty minutes you can review your list and set your next priority.
For further time management and productivity hacks, consider downloading a pomodoro app.
The Pomodoro Technique was created in the 1980s by Francesco Cirillo, and it involves dividing your work time into twenty-five-minute increments of focused attention with regular breaks in between.
This technique helps bring more mindful awareness to the way we work, and supports efficiency and focus. There are several apps available to help you practise the Pomodoro Technique, many of them free.
stay on track
If you'd like to make a donation and be part of this impact you can still do so right here - every $50 will bring clean water to one person for life!
Watch Elise's conversations with four leading wellbeing experts.